ASUS Prime is the next evolution of the ASUS motherboard, born of a pedigree that stretches back to 1989. Our team of world-class engineers are passionate about empowering everyone to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning, and the driving force behind the development of Prime is to make advanced enthusiast controls easily accessible - maximizing performance, stability and compatibility for the very best DIY PC experiences. Simply stated: it's time for Prime.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world's foremost motherboard manufacturer, renowned for our unique Design Thinking approach. Our exhaustive testing exceeds industry standards, supported by high-quality components for exceptional real-world protection. Our motherboards are proven to be compatible with more than 1,000 components and devices, and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8,000 hours of strict validation. ASUS gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. By choosing ASUS, you also gain the freedom to select outstanding component options, for trouble-free DIY experiences.
SafeSlot Core - Fortified PCIe with solid soldering
SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that's anchored to the motherboard by a special hook, Safeslot Core provides 1.6x stronger retention and 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots
Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your chipset, connectivity ports, and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
With DDR4, you'll accelerate memory frequencies up to an incredible to 2400MHz! And ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor, so you're assured the best compatibility.
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 Up to 32Gb/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
Build in Intel® for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2400MHz memory frequency is only supported by 7th Generation Intel® processors. Higher memory modules will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2400MHz.
** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MHz.
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support DVI-D/RGB ports
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
Slots 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
Storage Intel® B250 Chipset
1 x M.2 Socket 3*1,
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,
Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking Audio Feature
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Audio Shielding Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese audio capacitors Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
Intel® B250 Chipset
6 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 2 at mid-board) Intel® B250 Chipset
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
Special Features ASUS 5X Protection III
- ASUS SafeSlot Core Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM 5 Phase digital power design ASUS EPU
- EPU ASUS Exclusive Features
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS MyLogo 2 ASUS Q-Design
- ASUS Q-DIMM M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x DVI-D
1 x D-Sub
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.0 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Ports
1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin, moss green)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x COM port header
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 screws
1 x SCD
128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.1, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information